Home      About      Tutorials      Recipes      My Shop             
Loading...
        

Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's Springtime!!!

OK. Not really. We got a couple more inches of snow last night. BUT these guys think it is!See, our Christmas tree came with a complimentary praying mantis nest stuck in the branches. I told my son to take it outside, and instead he put it in his room and never told us. His room is a disaster. He put it on top of his dresser, which is even worse. Well, it fell off and into his top drawer where his undies and socks and pajamas all are!
So, last night he came running downstairs and asking me for a plastic container.

"Don't ask any questions. Just hurry!"

Red flags! Alarms! Bells and whistles!

You see, each nest on average contains 100-200 babies!!! They can have as many as 400. By the time he found them, they were EVERYWHERE! Down the dresser, into his drawers, all over his clothes, behind the dresser, under the dresser, in with his matchboxes, on the walls, in the carpet.

Itch. Itch. Itch.
These are just a few of them. I don't think we will ever find them all, although I am sure we got more than 100. They are a little more than 1/4" long and very skinny.
He will most definitely be cleaning his room. Thoroughly!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! We found one of those a couple years ago.
Christie
(luvncrafts.etsy)

AMKreations said...

LOL...I'm laughing cause they're at your house and THANKFULLY NOT MINE!

Hubby said, aren't you glad you only have one boy?!?! Problem is, my daughter would be the one to do this!

They are actually really neat to look at...online that is. ick! =)

Renee said...

I'm so glad those are not in my house! You seem to be taking it much better than I would! Thankfully my kids never did anything like that because I would probably be screaming for a week! lol

Jenni--Hooked On Adorable said...

Although it stinks that they were/are in your house...they are so stinkin cool! I've never seen baby mantises!

Carol Pack Urban said...

Okay ... giggling here ... it's two years later and I'm wondering if there are any stories to add to this one about the preying mantis babies???

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails