Home    About    Tutorials    Recipes    Quilts   Shop            
Loading...
        

Friday, July 29, 2011

The Dog Days of Summer - Sneak Peek Friday

We are in the dog days of summer now!


But instead, a cat showed up! :) 1 kitten + 3 girls = a lot of fights!

So anyway, besides refereeing over the cat, here is what I have been up to...


Three big custom baskets...


A camo rag blanket and taggy for a new baby boy at church...
And my new kitchen curtains at the lightning fast rate of 1/2 a window per week!I am spending more time in the kitchen, too, since the garden is starting to keep me busy with zucchini and stuff like this...


The veggies aren't the only things growing around here. These cute little chicks...


have grown up into these...

The roosters crow now and in another month or two we should start getting those colored eggs!


Check out the Friday sneak peek link-up over here!

11 comments:

Christie Cottage said...

Girl, you are busy!

The rabbits and deer have pretty much eaten everything from my garden. It has been over 100* for weeks and the garden is the only tender and juicy vegetation.

Have a wonderful day!

<><

Anita said...

Wow lady...never a dull moment! =) I loved looking at your photos...and even better seeing things in person. I love your curtains in the kitchen...they are a nice touch!

Maybe you need more stray's to show up? People dump kittens around here all the time. Unfortunately, we're allergic, so there is no hope of them coming home with us. =(

Have a great weekend and keep cool!

JodeneShaw said...

My, your dog days of summer are certainly full! Love all that you have shared. All of it makes me smile ~ artistic sewing projects, kitties, garden veggies, growing chicks, crowing, and the anticipation of eggs!

Anna said...

love seeing whats in your garden. I tried it again this year but between the drought, bugs, weeds, now rain...... ugh.

Christina said...

You are amazingly productive! Those baskets are so beautiful, and your veggies are making my mouth water.

Cindy said...

I WANT CHICKENS SO BAD!!! But we need a fence to deter the coyotes from attacking the coop! Hows that new baby doing? And I just found out that the daughter of a good friend is now pregnant...do you have a good "taggy" tutorial?

Stephanie said...

Our garden isn't producing nearly the pretty things yours is. . .those peppers are amazing.

Jennifer said...

Wow, Lindsay! You have been busy! The harvest from your garden is beautiful. And your chickens! Our dream is to be able to move to the country and I would like to try raising chickens. Can't wait to see your eggs!

Roberta said...

Your garden sure does grow! Here's it has been so hot that everything is just dried and fried. We have been getting a lot of thunderstorms as of late and that will help relieve some of the heat. Your chickens are so sweet ;) Have a great week.

Robin Norgren said...

a yummy basket of goodies there!

luvncrafts said...

I LOVE sunflowers!! Cute animals pics. My boys, hey, my girls too....would like that camo rag quilt! Colored eggs are fun! We get white, brown and blue eggs from our different chickens. Getting at least a dozen eggs a day now!
Christie

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails