Home    About    Tutorials    Recipes    Quilts   Shop            
Loading...
        

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Family Gatherings... Part 1

The last two weekends we have had family gatherings at our house. My husband and I each come from families with 6 children, so it is never a small family gathering. The first one was a chicken barbecue with my family (sorry, roosters, you had to go!) We used it to throw together a little pre-baby celebration for my sister and her husband. Mom and I picked up some polka dot baby boy plates at Walmart and I matched them by painting polka dots on the banner. My talented baby sister made a cake, which we polka-dotted with m&m's and a diaper bear (I never saw one of these before! Too cute!!!) Of course there were some balloons, too. We had a lot of laughs and even though we'd had a snowstorm the day before, the weather was beautiful!

4 comments:

Renee said...

That looks like a fun party! I've never seen a diaper bear before either. Cute! That's a cute picture with the balloons. Some of the girls look happy about it and some not so happy! lol

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

What a sweet family gathering! I love, love, love all the fun polka dots! :)

Anita said...

LOL...the girls look great! =) your parties always seem like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing!

sweetybird09 said...

That was a nice party, I loved the decorations that you coordinated to the plates, and I agree with Renee, your Middle daughter the one on the L does not look happy!
Cute cake also!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails