Home    About    Tutorials    Recipes    Quilts   Shop            
Loading...
        

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Bless this home and all the little blessings who live here.

After seeing all of these super-duper cute collage walls on Pinterest I got a little nagging idea. THEN, I saw a piece made by Jennifer over at StudioJRU with the CUTEST saying on it, and the idea grew. Well, this was back in October. Yeah.  I know. BUT, little hassles kept getting in my way (needing another frame, printing the wrong size picture, glass being broken). I finally got sick of writing "collage wall" on my to-do list every day and these pictures were all over my desk waiting to be broken (again).
They are all (cheap Walmart) oak frames that match perfectly with the built-in wooden divider shelf thing that is beside this wall.  I used all of my favorite baby pictures of the kids. Some of them had been spread out throughout the house but I really like the impact of having them all together. And did I mention that I love that saying?  I carefully marked it all out in pencil and used level before I hand painted the lettering on (I tried to "antique" it a bit, too).  I was feeling brave.
It is something new and it makes me happy. =)

P.S. I am trying to comment on people's blogs.  I really am.  Blogger is being stubborn for me and I am being too stubborn to switch from IE as a browser.  I read posts if I can get them to open for me, though!

5 comments:

Alycia Morales said...

Lindsay,
What a cute wall! I love it!

Renee said...

That's a great collage wall. My husband would never let me do something like to the wall! lol You're very brave to write on the wall like that. You did a great job but if I tried that I'd end up with a mess!

Anita said...

Lindsay, it's gorgeous! I really like it a LOT! It's so nice to do something different...and you really did a great job.

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Oh it looks fantastic Lindsay! I love it. I love how you split the writing up the way you did around the photos. Beautiful wall!! :)

sweetybird09 said...

Oh I love it Lindsay, that is such a great way to cherish and display the favorite baby pics of your kids.

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails