Home      About      Tutorials      Recipes      My Shop             
Loading...
        

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Monogrammed Mug Rug

I am having a super duper productive crafty weekend.  I am taking JUST a little break here to show you the present I made for my best friend's birthday.  And I am only showing you right now because I wanted to link up with the Farmer's Wife in Your Life linky and it ends in a few hours.


Farmer's Wife in Your Life


I do not usually make small quilt blocks.  My first quilt EVER was made from 2 inch squares and it turned out TERRIBLE (not for beginners!)  The challenge was to create something using 6" block(s) inspired by the book, The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt.  Well, unfortunately I do not have the book (although I really, really would love to own a copy), so I used a sampler quilt book I already own.  I chose the "anvil" block because I wanted to embroider the center with her monogram.  I already got her a mug and some goodies, so I thought the little mug rug would complement nicely.


I pieced the block, cut a square of Warm'nNatural batting the same size, and embroidered the monogram.  The backing is more of that cute olivey green Amy Butler fabric- I cut a square of that, sewed right sides together, and flipped it.  I machine quilted around the center square, too.  Pretty quick and it made me realize just how little fabric you need for these cute little squares.  I think I am going to be hoarding more scraps...


Check out the linky HERE to see more great projects!

3 comments:

Anita said...

It's great! I've admired the farmer's wife blocks, but I'm not even interested in trying to make them. =)

Maybe you'll get the book for Mother's day or something!

Happy April!

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Aww it is so sweet! Love the pretty colors. A beautiful gift!

Renee said...

That's a great gift and the monogram makes it really personal. She's going to love it!

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails