I have been plugging away at my sewing this week! Even if I can only sneak away for a few minutes, I have been trying to sew a little every day thanks to the KCWC. Most of my sewing gets done in little spurts of time, but it gets done (or at least started since I always have so many works still in progress).
Monday I whipped up a few flannel rag edge bibs for Grace. Super duper easy! Um, at least the sewing part... It was my first time using non-sew-in snaps and I went through four until I got it right! But I needed more bibs with snaps since she rips the velcro ones right off.
Tuesday and Wednesday, I worked on this nightgown- it was going to be a peasant style one for my oldest daughter, but I messed up (again) and turned it into a nightgown for 3yo Lydia.
I did it the same way as the last nightgown I made, but I made my own straps and cut the fabric in an a-line shape.
Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, I worked on a pillowcase dress for Isabelle. She loves pink and Hello Kitty. Even though she doesn't NEED anymore dresses, she saw a picture of a pillowcase dress when I was scavenging for Easter dress ideas and asked for one with a big bow on the shoulder like Halley's Easter dress.
I had already bought this fabric with her in mind, and she is such a middle child, so I tend sew to compensate for her being sandwiched between two VERY outgoing sisters. Anyway, it was my first pillowcase dress and for the record, I still do not like single fold bias tape.
I had a little bit leftover from the yard of fabric I bought, so I made a simple skirt for Lydia, who loves strawberries. The ric rac I sewed along the bottom was part of my prize package from Faith, Family, and Frugality!
Backtracking a little bit... last weekend I got a new nephew! He was 5 weeks early and he is such a cute, teeny, tiny little guy! I told my sister-in-law that she had to have a baby to get the full size Birdie Sling bag, so I delivered (Well, she delivered, but I made her a new bag. har har har).
My brother has a thing for chainsaws lately, so instead of a diaper cake, I made a diaper chainsaw. I did add a few more diapers after I took these pics, but you get the idea. I used cardboard as the base, but I wish I would have used a box of wipes instead.
It was not a well-planned thing at all. I just threw it together with what I had on hand (tape, fishing line, and Popsicle sticks) at the very last minute.
So, that is what I have been up to this week. Any excuse to get out of cleaning my house. :)