Home    About    Tutorials    Recipes    Quilts    Quiet Books    Shop          
        
Loading...

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Weeds

The other night, my husband took the kids with him to do farmy things and Grace took a nap.  I had one of those rare times of peace and quiet.  Apparently I go crazy when it is so quiet.

I was taking clothes off of the washline when  I saw this behind me...


I ran and grabbed my camera- thankful that my husband wasn't home to tease me for taking pictures of weeds.

My daughters call them "wishberries" and they looked so magical - like they were glowing.



You probably think I am crazy now.  If only you had seen me low to the ground with my camera upside down (my lens cover is broken).  Yup.  She gets some time without the kids and takes pictures of weeds.  But, when I walked out that far, to the cherry tree nearing the end of its blossoms, there was more.





 You can see the field growing since the pictures I took a few weeks ago.  Slowly, since it has been so dry, but growing...

Maybe I am really crazy, but I think I found something beautiful, even in these weeds.


Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.  Matthew 5:16


5 comments:

sweetybird09 said...

Lindsay, you are not crazy, I have to tell you that where you live is absolutely paradise, I would have loved to have lived in a place like that when I was a kid, I always dreamed I would live on a farm one day, and the fact that you are on one is such a blessing.
The pics are sooooo good, thanks for sharing,and I am not thinking those were weeds!

One more thing I like the new blog pic with your girls, you get to show off your dresses and kidos :)

Anita said...

So beautiful Lindsay! I"m glad that you had time to get out and enjoy it, without the kids...nothing better than peace, quiet and creation!

Renee said...

I think your weeds look great!

Cheyenne said...

Lindsay-these photos are absolutely stunning. STUNNING! Bless your heart for seeing the beauty in weeds---and sharing it with others. :)

Cheyenne said...

PS---

Love the look of your blog too! :)

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails