Home    About    Tutorials    Recipes    Quilts   Shop            
Loading...
        

Monday, February 3, 2014

Grace's Quiet Book- Pie Page

Grace's Quiet Book- Weave Pie Crust

This was definitely my easiest page and only took about 15-30 minutes. It is a little too advanced for her at this age (2 1/2) but she should grow into it and it is good motor skills practice. Maybe one day she will want to weave baskets like Mommy! ;) (shameless plug for my etsy shop here.)

The pie page of Grace's quiet book was inspired by THIS one.  I used leftover blueberry fabric from THIS apron and some light tan felt.  I traced a CD for the "blueberry pie filling" and used heat'n'bond to attach it to the background. For the crust, I made the center circle a little smaller than a CD and eyeballed the wavy edge. 

Quiet Book Pie Crust Page

I cut the strips of felt using pinking shears and put them under the crust on two sides. After lots of pinning, I used a simple zig zag stitch all the way around the circle to hold everything in place. Then, I trimmed the ends of the strips to follow the curve of the crust.

Quiet Book Pie Crust Page


Felt Pie Crust

My zig zag skills aren't perfect, but it works.Now, remember the whole blueberry pie thing, because it will come back a little later in the book. :) Stay tuned... The next page is my favorite!!! 

If I get a moment or two, I will try to link up at these parties:

10 comments:

Carly said...

I absolutely love this! Such a clever idea!

Sewing Mom said...

How adorable! That fabric is just perfect for the pie too. Great job.

joanneroth said...

What a clever and adorable project! Thank you for sharing

Sherri Sylvester said...

This is so cute! I'm doing a quiet book sew a long this year on my blog too. They are so fun to make! :) sherri | www.threadridinghood.com

Cathy McInnes said...

What a great idea! I loved your etsy shop!! PA country crafts are among my favorite things! Checking this out from the create it Thursday link party!
Cathy
www.threekidsandafish.com

Emily Thompson said...

so fun! I love quiet books.. will have to do this page in my next one! You are featured this weekend in my Create Link Inspire features. thanks for linking up! Come on over and check out the sewing for kids ideas I've got in the post today! I've spread the word all over social media... would love for you to do the same.. Happy weekend!! Emily@nap-timecreations

Shabby Sweet Tea said...

You should sell these precious Quiet Books in your Etsy shop. You would have an order from me!!

Bethany said...

Love love love this!!! And an adorable sanity saver for sure! =)

Annie said...

I love your pie! this is unique and love your blueberry fabric use!

Sue W said...

I have some blueberry fabric I picked up at a rummage sale. This has inspired me. My youngest granddaughter is almost past the quiet book stage, but maybe I can make a 3-d pie with the same concept. I'll be following your site for more ideas.
By the way, I also review books,mostly Christian fiction and inspirational books at my blog http://www.thoughtsfrommillstreet.blogspot.com or Thoughts From Mill Street. Hope you stop by soon. Sue

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails